This interesting prayer was given in Kansas, USA, at the opening session of their Senate in January 1996. It seems prayer still upsets some people.
When Minister Joe Wright was asked to open the new session of the Kansas Senate, everyone was expecting the usual generalities, but this is what they heard:
- “Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness and to seek your direction and guidance. We know Your Word says: “Woe to those who call evil good”, but that is exactly what we have done.
- We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values.
- We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it Pluralism.
- We have worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism.
- We have endorsed perversion and called it alternative lifestyle.
- We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery.
- We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.
View original post 248 more words